[Sugar-devel] XO emulator for Linux

Walther Neuper neuper at ist.tugraz.at
Mon Oct 12 02:15:03 EDT 2009

Hi Edward,

thank you for pointing out (and all our interested students listen to
that), that ideas for "new" activities must be checked for how the idea
can be realized more efficiently (and more flexibly accessible for the
learners) by use of existing activities ...

Edward Cherlin wrote:
> [...]
> Note that you can build materials inside many Sugar Activities,
> including Turtle Art, Etoys, Scratch, Pippy, the MIDI music apps, and
> others, and you can build lesson plans around others, including
> Measure and Record for scientific data acquisition and so on. I will
> be happy to assist your students in exercising their imaginations in
> these directions.

This sounds great ! How could we approach this really kind offer from you ?
(I myself are still a beginner in the field)
> I am currently designing a gravity/relativity exhibit for a contest
> organized by The Tech Museum of Innovation in San Jose. Mythbusters
> just did a show on this very subject, testing whether a bullet fired
> level from a gun will hit the ground at the same time as a bullet
> dropped from the same height. This and the fact that the parallel
> projection of a parabola is a parabola are both aspects of Galilean
> relativity.
>
> http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/mythbusters-simultaneous-bullet-release.html

Thank you for this hint, too !
Just a little far for an active contribution from Graz ;-) And we are
willing to contribute !
> [...]

Walther

Walther Neuper                          Mailto: neuper at ist.tugraz.at
Institute for Software Technology          Tel: +43-(0)316/873-5728
University of Technology                   Fax: +43-(0)316/873-5706
Graz, Austria                             Home: www.ist.tugraz.at/neuper