[Sugar-devel] Strings missing in 0.86 r. 04_10_2009

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Fri Oct 9 14:47:44 EDT 2009

Hi Carlo,

Thanks for the feedback:

On 9 Oct 2009, at 18:16, Carlo Falciola wrote:

> I'm starting a little testing on the latest  .iso:
> http://download.sugarlabs.org/soas/snapshots/2/soas01.iso, (5 Oct
> 2009).
> (from http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick/Linux#SoaS_v2
> wiki page)
> in a VM (VMware now).
> After I switched to italian via control panel , I noted that there
> are several strings still defaulted to english even if I can find
> them in pootle and they are translated and committed: a few examples:
> 1. all activity names
> 2. memorize ("add" and "update")
> 3. write ("search",  "Left/Right/Center/Fill Justify"...)

Hmmm, odd... The code source looks correct, the .pot file has all
these strings, but the it.po file I'm looking at here is missing the
entries. These strings go way back, so I can't imagine this is a
recent change (unless they only recently went in as Italian strings).
I'll poke some more through the other language .po files.

> 4. Turtleart (all the blocks in palettes)
> 5. Physics "Create"

Code is good, but I can confirm that "Create" is missing from the .pot
file, apologies, must be my bad as I added the localisation resources
into Physics :-) I need to work on new toolbars so will fix this at
the same time.

> 6. Jigsaw puzzle  (none: all still english)
> 7. Infoslicer  (none: all still english)
> 8. Calculate (strings in the Misc tab)

Code is good, but I can confirm that "Miscellaneous" is missing from
the .pot file, again not a recent addition so this must have been
missing since way back, I can gat this one fixed.

I try to do some testing in a second language (usually Spanish) but
it's easy for me to not notice something. These kind of reports are
really useful so thanks again for taking the time to test and send
feedback!!

Regards,
--Gary