[Sugar-devel] New Sugar theme for Activity Library (comments)

Josh Williams josh at tucson-labs.com
Fri Oct 9 14:05:10 EDT 2009

From: Eben Eliason <eben at laptop.org>
> Cool!

Thanks!
> A few comments:
>
> 1. I don't really like the way that "Activities" is positioned as a
> superscript after the Sugar logo. I think that "activities" could
> follow on the line below the Sugar logo, left aligned (there may be
> other equally good options).

I did that to give the page a nice vertical rhythm, "activities" lines
up with register/login. I played around with some other options, but I
thought that looked the best. I'll try a few different iterations, and
maybe send you a screenshot. Please feel free to do the same.

*just noticed a layout problem with the registration page. Yikes.

> 2. The green interspersed throughout threw me off a bit. The
> styleguide for Sugarlabs pages, as I understand it, is a two-tone
> color scheme (in addition to the grayscale) inherited from the logo,
> so that all of the content and links share the colors in the logo on
> the page. If we could fix that, especially in the menu on the left, I
> think it would tie in with the other pages better.

Good point, I'll change that.
> 3. The link hover style on other Sugarlabs pages is usually to invert
> the foreground and background colors, which usually means white text
> against the dark logo color. This is another change that we could
> integrate throughout to add consistency to the theme.

Another good point. Thanks for the feedback Eben!