[Sugar-devel] New Sugar theme for Activity Library

Eben Eliason eben at laptop.org
Fri Oct 9 09:44:18 EDT 2009

Cool!

A few comments:

1. I don't really like the way that "Activities" is positioned as a
superscript after the Sugar logo. I think that "activities" could
follow on the line below the Sugar logo, left aligned (there may be
other equally good options).

2. The green interspersed throughout threw me off a bit. The
styleguide for Sugarlabs pages, as I understand it, is a two-tone
color scheme (in addition to the grayscale) inherited from the logo,
so that all of the content and links share the colors in the logo on
the page. If we could fix that, especially in the menu on the left, I
think it would tie in with the other pages better.

3. The link hover style on other Sugarlabs pages is usually to invert
the foreground and background colors, which usually means white text
against the dark logo color. This is another change that we could
integrate throughout to add consistency to the theme.

Good work!
Eben