[Sugar-devel] Talk at New Zealand PyCon : Support from dev team needed

Tim McNamara paperless at timmcnamara.co.nz
Sun Oct 4 23:19:32 EDT 2009

Hi all,
I've been asked by the organisers of the Kiwi PyCon
2009<http://nz.pycon.org> to
give a 45m interactive presentation. There will be about 150 Pythonistas
there. Am pretty intimidated, because I'm sure I'll be receiving far more
technical questions than I will be able to answer.

I guess I have three main Qs:

1) What kinds of things are likely to be of great interest to the general
python community? What made you get involved with Sugar? Perhaps I could sow
those seeds in local developers' minds...
2) Are there any bite-sized projects (eggs & spam)  that a hackfest could
get involved with over the weekend?
3) Are there any main sized meals (eggs, spam, spam, spam & spam) that
individuals & groups can get involved with on this side of the world? E.g.
there seems to be *lots* of Sugar going on, but where is the starting line?

Cheers,

timClicks
  http://timmcnamara.co.nz/
  http://twitter.com/timClicks