[Sugar-devel] Namespace for 0.84 updates to Browse and Chat?

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Fri Oct 2 08:28:15 EDT 2009

Hi Tomeu (and others),

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 06:48:05PM +0100, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
>sorry for the late reply, this is a very good question.
>
>I think we should move to dotted version numbers for activities in
>0.88, maybe interpreting a version number without a dot as 0.xx.
>
>For now and for your specific use case, what about preppending
>0.84/0.86 to the activity version number?

Debian supports resetting version numbers, but it may cause problems for
other distributions if Sugarlabs start releasing new packages with
_lower_ version numbers than the older ones.

As an example, are you sure that your Mozilla web interface supports
resetting version numbers?  Do the install mechanisms in Sugar itself?

  - Jonas