[Sugar-devel] Activity Versioning - Dotted Scheme

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Sun Nov 29 16:17:43 EST 2009

On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 3:05 PM, Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 03:38:26PM -0500, Wade Brainerd wrote:

>>> Hmmm - I believe we were promised that ASLO would ensure that only
>>> Activities supported by the client branch of Sugar would be served.
>>>
>>> Was that a brain fart of mine, a single glitch in an otherwise reliable
>>> ASLO version handling, or whould we simply warn Sugar 0.82 users to *not*
>>> use ASLO?
>>
>> ASLO does that by checking for the Browse user agent - in my situation, I
>> had to use scp to download Browse from download.sugarlabs.org.
>
> Ahh, makes sense then :-)
>

>> Still, the latest Browse is only about 3400 lines of Python code - I
>> wonder how hard it would be to make it backwards compatible with 0.82.
>
> I'll leave that to the real programmers :-)

The other side of the equation depends on activity developers and
editors testing their activities on the versions they identify as
working on ASLO.

I believe that the next batch of XO1.5s will continue to update from
wiki.laptop.org over concern about developers correctly marking
activity compatibility.

david