[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] CMDA/GSM/3G Modem Support in Sugar

Daniel Castelo dcastelo.sugarlabs at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 07:48:16 EST 2009

We are thinking in add CMDA/GSM/3G Modems Support in Sugar. We want to
discuss the best interface to allow user configure and use this type of
connections.
The basical idea that we managed is to have an option in control panel to
allow users to setup the connection, and a device icon in the bottom frame
where users could connect and disconnect it.
If is possible when the SO detect the new device, sugar could show the
device icon and a shortcut to setup it.

The fields that user should configure are:  Tel Number, User Name and
Password (which more?)
We should discuss if we will allow configure many conections or just one.

Opinions, Contributions?