[Sugar-devel] [Feature] language and keyboard options for intro dialog

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Tue Nov 24 11:30:16 EST 2009

Hi Walter,

On 24 Nov 2009, at 14:35, Walter Bender wrote:

> I've begun working on language and keyboard options for the Sugar
> intro dialog. More details can be found at:
>
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/Feature_intro_language_keyboard_options
>
> Comments/feedback sought.

I was initially worried that the language and keyboard buttons would be a distraction from the clean, simple first impression of the Sugar start-up; but I like your subtle placement for the two icon only buttons. Could we make them use the same dark grey vs. light grey colors with an outer stroke, as per the (> Next) button? Happy to clean up the icons (I see the keyboard graphic is using a nasty black fill instead of transparent).

I'm assuming you plan to reuse the existing control panel language and keyboard modules so as to keep new code for the actual dialogues to a minimum?

Regards,
--Gary