[Sugar-devel] 0depend feature request

Aleksey Lim alsroot at member.fsf.org
Mon Nov 23 13:45:18 EST 2009

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 07:39:14PM +0100, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 7:31 PM, Aleksey Lim <alsroot at member.fsf.org> wrote:
> > I've changed this feature a bit, so now its a Zero Install integration[4]
>
> Good to see progress on this. Much appreciated. Some questions...
>
>  - Why is the depcheck happening at "first start" time? Install time
> seems be more appropriate: install time means there is a src of
> software, needed deps can be grabbed from the same src if present...

in that case we entirely depend on 0install, so sugar provide just new
GUI for 0launch(here just for downloading/building dependencies).

>  - What happens if the deps are missing? If the user is offline?

activity fails to start but in case of offline, 0install provides some
options that could be useful for users(0share, 0mirror).

>  - What happens when the build fails?

activity just fails, and of course we can add some kind of bugreporting
feature.

--
Aleksey