[Sugar-devel] 0depend feature request

Aleksey Lim alsroot at member.fsf.org
Mon Nov 23 13:31:02 EST 2009

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 05:51:27AM +0000, Aleksey Lim wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> To have some implementation mockups for next 0install debates,
> I've coded how(I'm thinking) 0install integration could be implemented
> in sugar[1]. To check existed code, pull sugar and sugar-toolkit cloned
> repos[2] and follow simple test case[3].
>
> [1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Zero_Depend
> [2] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Zero_Depend#Scope
> [3] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Zero_Depend#How_To_Test

I've changed this feature a bit, so now its a Zero Install integration[4]

The reason for this feature is to cover situations:
* an activity has dependencies that weren't included to the Sugar Platform
* install/build activity specific binaries
* run non-sugar applications that are not well packaged to GNU/Linux distributions

[4] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Zero_Install_integration

--
Aleksey