[Sugar-devel] Roadmap to 0.88 --- Proposal

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Sat Nov 21 06:49:14 EST 2009

On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 11:51:58AM +0100, Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) wrote:
>> - Testing: I hope to see much much more testing in this release
>> cycle. Two things should help here: a) I encourage the creation of a
>> testing team. b) The 0.88 release will be packaged early. For testing
>> purposes 0.88 will be packaged for F12. Other distributions are
>> encouraged to do similar.
>
>Do you really want to package an unstable release (for testing
>purpose) into a stable distribution?
>
>Some people might actually be using the stable distribution, and they
>might not be really pleased by having some
>work-in-progress-please-test release forced upon them. :-/

Well, it is not necessarily "forced upon them": some (more than one?)
distros package multiple branches of Sugar concurrently (but allows only
one of them to be installed at a time due to limitations of Sugar coding
design).

Kind regards,

  - Jonas

Packaging Sucrose 0.84, 0.86 and 0.88 concurrently for Debian