[Sugar-devel] Rationale behind the JSON -> CJSON switch in Sugar codebase?

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu Nov 19 20:34:25 EST 2009

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 03:11:07PM +0100, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
> 2009/11/13 Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk>:
> > Generally, I recommend Sugarlabs to document clearly in source of
> > the various components (e.g. in an INSTALL file) which versions of
> > Python the code is expected to work against, and which version has
> > been extensively tested.
>
> We have http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/0.86/Platform_Components for
> that, maybe we can point to that page in the INSTALL files of all
> Sugar modules?

I'm releaser of pptp and pptpd, and if I referred to Wiki pages for
build instructions, dependencies or test results external to my source
repository or tarball, I'm sure I'd get a few raised eyebrows or
complaints.

Is there a reason why you don't want to have these dependencies or known
test results in the source?  If they are not available at the time of
release, that's a good reason.  In which case saying that in INSTALL is
also a good idea.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/