[Sugar-devel] Keep offline for Browse (offline bookmarks)

Lucian Branescu lucian.branescu at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 07:36:48 EST 2009

I've actually implemented the full-blown web app part (it's called
Site Specific Browser) for Browse as part of GSoC. The offline bit can
be done either with LocalStorage (html5, but it's been around since
Firefox 2.0) or Gears. So new offline-able web apps can target html5,
existing web apps already use Gears (which needs more work for
Browse).

The other features are more invasive so I'm trying to make individual
patches for each of them. This is the first one because it's the most
useful on its own and it's been requested for a long time.