[Sugar-devel] Keep offline for Browse (offline bookmarks)

Caroline Meeks caroline at solutiongrove.com
Mon Nov 9 19:50:04 EST 2009

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 5:16 PM, Lucian Branescu
<lucian.branescu at gmail.com>wrote:

> This patch won't save video, at least not flash video. In fact, it
> does exactly what Firefox's 'save complete web page' functionality
> does.
>
> It may save video in html5 <video> tags for offline use, but I haven't
> tested that. If it works with Firefox, it should work with this as
> well.

It does seem to work in firefox.  For my use case we'll need to be able
share a page that some (the teacher) has saved.

Here is the scenario in a school in the US.

The school district blocks YouTube for example in schools.
But YouTube has many valuable clips.
The teacher goes to YouTube at home and pics an educational clip. (e.g.
Schoolhouse rock) and saves it.
The teacher shares/sends the browse/bookmark (terminology unclear to me)
Students can then watch the clip at home where they do not have any internet

Thanks!
Caroline

--
Caroline Meeks