[Sugar-devel] On Sugar 0.84 - status of the "Chat/collab leader" issue...

J.M. Maurer uwog at uwog.net
Mon Nov 9 05:54:22 EST 2009

On Tue, 2009-11-03 at 15:19 +0100, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 2:41 PM, Gary C Martin <gary at garycmartin.com> wrote:
> > Other activities that support some form of collaboration like Chat, Browse,
> > Etoys, TurtleArt, Arithmetic, Maze, Pippy, etc, etc, don't care who started
> > the activity first, or who goes away.
>
> Are you positive about this? I don't meant to troll -- but I am seeing
> issues (with Chat for example) where if the leader goes, 3rd parties
> cannot join anymore.

I tried to make rejoining work with Write, but ran into bugs into both
the PS and Telepathy Gabble.

For the PS bug, tomeu has a patch but it never went in.

The Telepathy gabble bug prevented you from rejoining an existing tube,
so it could never have worked for any application (including chat).

The Telepathy gabble bug is fixed in F11 and F12, but I did not test if
Write rejoining now works (it could still have bugs, simply because I
could never test it).

Cheers,
  Marc