[Sugar-devel] RFC: Kill the delayed menus for good

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Fri Nov 6 11:47:11 EST 2009

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 21:28, Herbert <herbertanzer at gmail.com> wrote:
> This reminds me of a point Michael said I should mention:
>
> So, regarding the whole resume-by-default, start-new-by-default
> debate, is there anything wrong with the idea of having a menu pop-up
> at the beginning of each activity session that offers to Resume
> Previous and Start New options?

Modal dialogs help in these situations, but we are trying to use them
as little as possible because too many makes usage cumbersome.

Instead of asking questions every time, we try to anticipate the most
common situation and optimize for them, then find good ways to expose
the secondary functionality.

Regards,

Tomeu

> Love,