[Sugar-devel] Co-hosting my own activities?

Art Hunkins abhunkin at uncg.edu
Thu Nov 5 15:29:35 EST 2009

This may well be the problem - with SoaS as well as XO-1 not recognizing downloads of .xo activity bundles from my website. (The "activity download" is not placed in the Activities folder, nor does it appear with its proper icon in the Journal. Download otherwise appears normal.)

I think so because, when I was chatting with tech at my server about why .xo bundles could not be found on my site, he asked me what the MIME type was for the bundles; I'd no idea even what MIME types were. I did tell him that .xo bundles were "just like" .zip archives; so he did something that made .xo's findable and downloadable (probably gave them the .zip MIME type).

At any rate, I gather I need to tell him the *appropriate* MIME type. Do I understand correctly that it is: application/vnd.olpc-sugar? (There was an extensive listserv discussion of the topic last year.) Do I also gather correctly that no changes to my activities are needed? (I assume not.)

I'm looking forward to this co-host option.

Art Hunkins