[Sugar-devel] sugar-jhbuild--Sugar does not start

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 23:32:59 EDT 2009

So I switched to sugarlabs for git, and I put aside Walter's greatly
out-of-date xsession instructions, and I started fresh. Sugar-jhbuild
downloads, checks out, and compiles with no evident issues. But
whether I run

./sugar-jhbuild run

or

./sugar-jhbuild run sugar-emulator

I get

Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/X11/cyrillic,
removing from list!
unrecognised device identifier!
(EE) config/hal: NewInputDeviceRequest failed
unrecognised device identifier!
(EE) config/hal: NewInputDeviceRequest failed
unrecognised device identifier!
(EE) config/hal: NewInputDeviceRequest failed
unrecognised device identifier!
(EE) config/hal: NewInputDeviceRequest failed
unrecognised device identifier!
(EE) config/hal: NewInputDeviceRequest failed
Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/X11/cyrillic,
removing from list!
unrecognised device identifier!
(EE) config/hal: NewInputDeviceRequest failed
unrecognised device identifier!
(EE) config/hal: NewInputDeviceRequest failed
unrecognised device identifier!
(EE) config/hal: NewInputDeviceRequest failed
unrecognised device identifier!
(EE) config/hal: NewInputDeviceRequest failed
unrecognised device identifier!
(EE) config/hal: NewInputDeviceRequest failed
1238295002.6098101 STARTUP: Starting the shell

The X basket weave background appears, with a cursor, and then nothing
else. I have to use Alt-F4 to quit.

And Children are my nation.
http://earthtreasury.net/ (Edward Mokurai Cherlin)