[Sugar-devel] Gsoc ideas

amit sethi amit.pureenergy at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 05:59:10 EDT 2009

Hi ,
I am a student applying for Gsoc 2009.
I am interested in submitting proposals for :
ImageViewer:
This can be done using Image library . Since this is going to be used by
children . I would like to add functionalities like adding clip art to
images .
Moving around pieces of images . Also for learning we could add the
functionality of playing mp3 associated with images or bits of images that
can be used for learning basically thinking like a child .
The major work i suppose is only going to be arround the UI.
logo:
I have little C experince thus i will develop this using pylogo again the
key is to think with the perspective of a child. Again the real work is in
Ui design . Logo in itself is a nice language for a child. Apart from
programming it can also teach some basic principles of Geometry and
mathematics. the
Also i would like to know more about integrating Flash:
There is an output library Ming for Flash . Or are  the developers thinking
of some other library to sugarize.
I am interested in this project but do not exactly understand the
development cycle.
I am python programmer , and have some experince of Gtk with Glade but a
very minimal sugar experince.

--
A-M-I-T S|S