[Sugar-devel] jhbuild error--pyabiword not found

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 20:25:31 EDT 2009

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 2:42 AM, Edward Cherlin <echerlin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 1:58 AM, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
>> Hi Edward,
>>
>> you seem to have a very old version of sugar-jhbuild. in .git/config,
>> it points to git.sugarlabs.org or still to dev.laptop.org?
>
> Ah. I'll start fresh.

A definite improvement. It builds 41 modules with no problem. Then
when I run it, I get to the X startup screen and the XO cursor, and no
further.

Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/X11/cyrillic,
removing from list!
unrecognised device identifier!
(EE) config/hal: NewInputDeviceRequest failed
unrecognised device identifier!
(EE) config/hal: NewInputDeviceRequest failed
unrecognised device identifier!
(EE) config/hal: NewInputDeviceRequest failed
unrecognised device identifier!
(EE) config/hal: NewInputDeviceRequest failed
unrecognised device identifier!
(EE) config/hal: NewInputDeviceRequest failed
Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/X11/cyrillic,
removing from list!
unrecognised device identifier!
(EE) config/hal: NewInputDeviceRequest failed
unrecognised device identifier!
(EE) config/hal: NewInputDeviceRequest failed
unrecognised device identifier!
(EE) config/hal: NewInputDeviceRequest failed
unrecognised device identifier!
(EE) config/hal: NewInputDeviceRequest failed
unrecognised device identifier!
(EE) config/hal: NewInputDeviceRequest failed
1238177781.8816359 STARTUP: Starting the shell

Walter says to create an X session file and script:

/usr/share/xsessions/sugar-jhbuild.desktop

[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=Sugar jhbuild
GenericName=Sugar
Exec=/usr/bin/sugar-jhbuild
Type=Application

/usr/bin/sugar-jhbuild
#!/bin/sh
export GTK2_RC_FILES=/home/walter/sugar-jhbuild/install/share/sugar/data/sugar-xo.gtkrc
exec /home/walter/sugar-jhbuild/sugar-jhbuild run dbus-launch
/home/walter/sugar-jhbuild/install/bin/sugar-shell

but
o There is no sugar-xo.gtkrc, just sugar-72.gtkrc and sugar-100.gtkrc.
Which one do I use?

o There is no sugar-shell file. Is it the sugar script?

Aha! The sugar script defaults to scaling 100, calling
sugar-100.gtkrc. I'll try that. So, maybe

#!/bin/sh
export GTK2_RC_FILES=/home/mokurai/dev/sugar-jhbuild/install/share/sugar/data/sugar-100.gtkrc
exec /home/mokurai/dev/sugar-jhbuild/sugar-jhbuild run dbus-launch
/home/mokurai/dev/sugar-jhbuild/install/bin/sugar

Hm. That's peculiar.

$/usr/bin/sugar-jhbuild
root window unavailible (maybe another wm is running?)
1238199711.5316181 STARTUP: Starting the shell

Nothing visible happens apart from that message.

>> Regards,
>>
>> Tomeu

And Children are my nation.
http://earthtreasury.net/ (Edward Mokurai Cherlin)