[Sugar-devel] ideal flash activity to be remade as karma activity

Bryan Berry bryan at olenepal.org
Fri Mar 27 04:08:22 EDT 2009

I agree w/ Wade that this could be difficult to coordinate. I would
rather see two complementary projects.

3 months is a very short period to bring not only 2 but 4 people to work
together across multiple time zones.

I would rather try titanium than xulrunner simply because I have the
vague perception that webkit is significantly faster than gecko. I don't
have any empirical evidence regarding this.

I would rather that subzero focus on the framework, i.e.:

* animating w/ javascript and html5, in a way that is very
straightforward and reproducible
* integrating audio into it
* making a structure for internationalization that is nicely compatible
w/ pootle
* nice integration w/ the journal.
* Nice way to integrate teacher's note and lesson plan, ideally w/ plain
html rather than a pdf or other nasty proprietary format

teacher's note - what kids should get out of this lesson, what problems
they might encounter and how to help them out and lesson plan - how to
manage 35+ to accomplish something in 50 minutes.

So the above list might be more than enough for one GSoC project w/out
adding in the collaboration

So what do u think wadeb and subzero?