[Sugar-devel] "7 Meilen Stiefel" or New Soas-2 image available

Caroline Meeks solutiongrove at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 19:27:29 EDT 2009

Hi Simon,

Here are tonight's test results.

SoaS2 3-25

Connects to the internet but does not show anyone in my neighborhood view.
Immediately tells me my journal is full and I know I set up persistent
storage when I created the stick. It does remember my colors and name when I
reboot. It also shows my browse session in the journal after reboot.

Do you want Tickets?

Thanks!
Caroline

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 11:39 AM, Simon Schampijer <simon at schampijer.de>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> the soas team is wearing their "7 Meilen Stiefel" those days!
>
> News:
> - abiword (the 'olpc' version with abicollab enabled)
>    - Sharing in Write does work now!
>
> - latest NetworkManager (fixes rh #491620)
>
> - new version of the Imageviewer activity:
>    - Fix initial zoom level being extremely small: d.sl.o #486 (Tomeu)
>    - New German translation
>
> - latest 0.84 Sugar snapshot:
>    - CP: Disallow the user from selecting any fallbacks if English
>          (USA) is selected (#slo:561)
>    - Call *mount_finish when the callback is called #326
>    - Add full licence to data dir #357
>    - The logout option is available by default
>    - Resume from home is duplicating activity instances again #600
>
> - first shot on usb device mounting capabilities (#626, #627 have been
> filed about encountered issues)
>
> Where:
> http://download.sugarlabs.org/soas/snapshots/2/Soas2-200903251017.iso
>
> Known issue:
> I was not able flashing the image on F10, could not boot into it. F11
> did work fine though. Tomeu suspected a newer version of syslinux on F11
> - I will report back.
>
> Does that sound good? Fetch the image and test the hell out of it - and
> remember like God likes all it's children - the Soas team likes all it's
> bugs - so please do file them at dev.sugarlabs.org
>
> Get it when it is still sticky!
>    Your Soas Team

Caroline Meeks