[Sugar-devel] putting sugar around a stick (with fedora's help)
tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Thu Mar 26 13:01:41 EDT 2009
just a heads up about where we are regarding installation of Soas:
- on Windows we are very well, it's reported that liveusb-creator
works well even for XOs,
- on Linux, latest releases of liveusb-creator weren't working at all,
but people are working to fix that on Fedora 10 (thanks Kushal!). On
other distros, seems like recent Liveusb-creator won't work due to new
dependencies included :(
- about livecd-iso-to-disk.sh on all linux flavors, it isn't working
currently for Soas2 because Rawhide requires that a more recent
version of syslinux (3.73) is installed
(http://dev.sugarlabs.org/ticket/643). The good news is that we have a
workaround (thanks Elena!).
- also, livecd-iso-to-disk.sh will fail to install correctly an image
that can boot on XOs because of http://dev.sugarlabs.org/ticket/644 .
It has been reported upstream.
- and also, livecd-iso-to-disk.sh will fail to install correctly an
image that can boot on XOs because it seems to require reading a
squashfs image in a format that only very recent kernels (2.6.29) can
read. No idea what we can do here, but maybe we don't really need to
read that image from the computer that makes the installation?
Otherwise, how can liveusb-creator do the installation for XOs on
Any help appreciated.
More information about the Sugar-devel