[Sugar-devel] ideal flash activity to be remade as karma activity

Jameson Quinn jameson.quinn at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 11:08:34 EDT 2009

Subzero <http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Karma>, you have
competition<http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Webified_Toolkit>
.

Lucian, you should check out the mailing list threads for talk between Bryan
and Felipe; they are talking about much the same ideas you are.

Bryan, you should include Lucian in your forwards.

This is not intended to endorse either Lucian or Subzero. This is one of our
highest-priority projects for GSoC, and it is even conceivable that we could
even accept both of your proposals, to be attempted independently. Both of
you, feel free to take ideas from each other's proposals, but remember,
we're assuming that you are doing that, and we'd like to see you give fair
attribution. You're also both welcome to submit a backup proposal on another
idea, either from the ideas list or of your own invention; it seems clear
that you are both good applicants, and having a backup proposal will help us
do you both justice in case you both make the cut. We will not let the
presence or absence of backup proposals bias us in which one of you we
choose to do the Karma idea.

Good luck, may the best proposal win!

Jameson