[Sugar-devel] SoaS won't boot XO-1s?

Wade Brainerd wadetb at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 11:09:32 EDT 2009

Hey Sean,

FWIW I have successfully booted my XO-1 from SoaS-1 using an older image, I
haven't tried the latest.  I used LiveUSB Creator for Windows with a PATRIOT
2GB stick.

What you might be seeing is that you have a SD card with a bootable
partition on your XO.  I think that might take priority over booting from
USB.

You can boot manually from OFW.. something like

ok boot u:\boot\olpc.fth

should locate 'boot\olpc.fth' on the USB key and start it manually.

-Wade