[Sugar-devel] SoaS won't boot XO-1s?

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 09:28:08 EDT 2009

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick/Installation/OLPC

I am late writing an article on this and I'm not getting anywhere
because I can't boot either of my XOs from USB.

I'm trying to follow the instructions for Option 1... questions:

* Is there a minimum, or recommended firmware level? Is there a risk
in flashing the modt recent one?

* I see that most recent image is SoaS-2, is this what we want to
recommend right now to G1G1 owners? Would a choice be better?

* I can't boot my XO which is at firmware Q2E18 but I am ready to try
a later firmware such as Q2E28 or Q2E34

* I'm brushing up on my dustry rusty Forth, is there a recommendation
of command lines if boot fails? Or, more generally, how can we check
for a valid SoaS before or while booting?

Any advice appreciated. Thanks

Sean