[Sugar-devel] GSoC Sugarize KDEEdu activity

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Mar 24 06:47:32 EDT 2009

On 24.03.2009, at 06:16, Huda Sammour wrote:

> hi all,
> I wnat to apply for Sugarize KDEEdu activity project. I am planning
> to write a proposal for it, but I need some confirmations.
>
> does Sugarize an activity mean to develop an application fro OLPC
> with sugar standards?

It means to adapt an application to run in Sugar, yes. The OLPC XO is
one machine that runs Sugar, but there are others, too. You can use
Sugar on any PC.

> If so, what activity is the prefered one or that is on developer
> opinion.

The main target group for Sugar are elementary-school children.

> To develop this application, I will use GTK, must I install it and
> develop on Sugar?

Why would you use want to use GTK for Qt programs? That does not make
any sense.

- Bert -