[Sugar-devel] Activity platform discussion

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Fri Mar 20 05:55:52 EDT 2009

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 02:00, Wade Brainerd <wadetb at gmail.com> wrote:
> On activities.sugarlabs.org we are able to say what platforms a
> particular activity supports.
>
> Note that this is in *addition* to describing the Sugar application
> version (0.82, 0.84, etc).  So the platform support has more to do
> with Python version (2.5 vs 2.6), available system packages,
> architecture, etc.

If the Sugar platform is defined as "what an activity author can
expect to find already installed", then we need to define the python
version in it. And I guess that python 2.6 (along with the deprecated
json modules) should be part of SP 0.84.

In that regard, Soas-1 isn't fully implementing any Sugar Platform,
and should considered broken from that POV.

Regards,

Tomeu