[Sugar-devel] Activity platform discussion

Aleksey Lim alsroot at member.fsf.org
Fri Mar 20 04:44:41 EDT 2009

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 05:52:14AM +0000, Aleksey Lim wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 09:00:38PM -0400, Wade Brainerd wrote:
> > But there are
> > differences like Python 2.5 (SoaS1) vs 2.6 (SoaS2) that are
> > independent of the SP.
> I guess these differences won't be very popular(otherwise they should be
> included in SugarPlatform specification) and activities could resolve it
> by themselves(like json problem in python2.5/2.6)
moreover we could provide level of compatibility in SP to count all differences
within on particular SP version.

For example in case of json we could create something like sugar-json
python module with the whole python2.5/2.6 if-code, in that case activity
includes sugar-json module and use it like a proper simplejson module.

--
Aleksey