[Sugar-devel] content bundles and the "OLPC Library" Browse home page

Eben Eliason eben at laptop.org
Thu Mar 19 14:22:12 EDT 2009

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 2:06 PM, Gary C Martin <gary at garycmartin.com> wrote:
> On 19 Mar 2009, at 16:58, Wade Brainerd wrote:
>
>> My hope going forward is that .xol bundles merge with .xo bundles and
>> that they become one and the same, each appearing on the Home view for
>> example.  HTML would just be another development platform for writing
>> Sugar activities, and what used to be non-interactive library content
>> would become first class activities (not necessarily with interactive
>> features, but possibly).
>
> +1 This is my hope/goal also, a selection of Sugar Activity templates/
> examples that provide a trivial path for various media types to be
> integrated as first class Activities.

I don't have any disagreement with making a variety of development
platforms available for activity developers, HTML included, but I
don't understand why this is conflated with content bundles.  As I've
always seen them, content bundles are meant as a delivery format for
sets or collections of content: images, sounds, books/pdfs, etc.  What
benefit is gained by considering such a collection of objects as an
activity?

- Eben