[Sugar-devel] Fwd: Regarding the print support idea(GSoC)

Luke Faraone luke.faraone at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 13:50:02 EDT 2009

2009/3/18 Vamsi Krishna Davuluri <vamsi.davuluri at gmail.com>

> Clarify a few things for me :
> What exactly was required/meant from/by a print server?
> I was in the opinion that each laptop was supposed to act as server for the
> network :P

It seems I misunderstood *you*. That makes sense, it just was that the way
it was worded suggested that *activities* could communicate on that port.

> And do we have a powerful server that can act as a print server (which
> accepts requests from network, assuming we require network printing)?

Yes, the School Server (XS).

> And thanks, yes, I have been reading that pdf. I was also thinking using
> python-gnome bindings (which are available) to simulate a gnome tool menu.

Yes, we try to shy away from too many dependencies on GNOME (which increases
the size of our installs on XOs)

--
Luke Faraone
http://luke.faraone.cc