[Sugar-devel] Fwd: Regarding the print support idea(GSoC)

Vamsi Krishna Davuluri vamsi.davuluri at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 09:06:39 EDT 2009

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 6:18 PM, Luke Faraone <luke at faraone.cc> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 1:29 AM, Vamsi Krishna Davuluri <
> vamsi.davuluri at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> We an even install rights for the bit advanced printing functionalites if
>> needed.
>

> In what case would they be warranted?
>
> --
> Luke Faraone
>
> <http://luke.faraone.cc/>

I'd grant them only if the user is the owner of that specific document or is
master root. This will be most useful in case the machine acts as a cups
server and a request comes from the network, we could see that other than
the local master, no one else on the network has access to that particular
job, or stop that printing event from taking place.

btw thought of another thing, when the print button is clicked in an
activity, the request metadata (object) is sent to the journal, but the
journal doesnt have to immediately take over control, instead  within the
activity a pop up comes which says 'print jobs in queue('this can be closed,
or clicked to go to the journal where the job can be canceled, or started)
and when loging in into sugar, if pending jobs are there again a
notification is displayed, and if a print job is of a particular activity,
and they are pending, and if the same activity is opened again it
notification is displayed.

Thank You

Vamsi Krishna Davuluri