[Sugar-devel] Status of Pootle

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 16:04:59 EDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 1:25 AM, Bastien <bastienguerry at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Gary C Martin <gary at garycmartin.com> writes:
>
>> Have a quick question: The translation set-up as I understand it is
>> still 'push' only; that is to say once your Activity is in Pootle you
>> can't make any changes to your activities /po files, as they will just
>> get overwritten next time there is a push by Pootle to your git rep.
>> You did mention once that you were considering the changes needed to
>> get Pootle to try and merge in changes, any thoughts/progress on that
>> front?
>
> Shouldn't the user:pootle handle its own clones and send merge requests?
>
> Maybe that's too much data duplication, but at leat the process would be
> crystal-clear, and the maintainers would stay in control.

Yes - that is the idea that I have in mind (especially considering the
current Gitorious workflow) - but I need to figure out how to do this.
Any help would be highly appreciated :-).

The current code is at
http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/pootle/repos/mainline/blobs/master/translate-toolkit-1.3.0/translate/storage/versioncontrol/git.py

Thanks,
Sayamindu