[Sugar-devel] Status of Pootle

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Mon Mar 16 15:22:25 EDT 2009

Hi Sayamindu,

On 16 Mar 2009, at 13:10, Sayamindu Dasgupta wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> I realize that there is some confusion regarding the status of Pootle.
> I guess I should have been a bit more clear about the status of
> Pootle, and should have kept people up to date about the move - my
> apologies for not doing that.
>
> Regarding Pootle, we are waiting for the physical move of the server
> awk to the W91 co-lo facility. A couple of totally unanticipated
> events till now have delayed the shift, and right now, at the moment,
> we are waiting for the machine's RAM to be upgraded to 4 GB (from an
> existing 2) before the move is made. While this is lengthening the
> delay, I suppose as a end result, the server will be much faster and
> more responsive than the current one due to the increased memory. Dogi
> has been helping us a lot in the migration process, and he has
> promised to let us know as soon as the move is made.
>
> I will try to keep everyone updated as I get more updates.

Thanks for the update, glad to hear it's moving along.

Have a quick question: The translation set-up as I understand it is
still 'push' only; that is to say once your Activity is in Pootle you
can't make any changes to your activities /po files, as they will just
get overwritten next time there is a push by Pootle to your git rep.
You did mention once that you were considering the changes needed to
get Pootle to try and merge in changes, any thoughts/progress on that
front?

Regards,
--Gary