[Sugar-devel] [RELEASE] InfoSlicer-4

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Sun Mar 15 14:49:58 EDT 2009

On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 10:56 AM, Bastien <bastienguerry at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Aleksey Lim <alsroot at member.fsf.org> writes:
>
>>> And the project page on the git repo could mention the add-on and the
>>> wiki page of the activity.
>> in my mind, aslo page is more like a user-land page it just points to
>> dev-land page on wiki(and wiki page points to git repo and vice versa)
>
> Fair enough.  I still think it's better to densify links between those
> pages.  After all, don't we want users to be potential devs?

Yes we do.  But we also need to think about the usability for new
users relative to the ratio of users to developers.

Most open source projects see the on-ramp to development as user->bug
reporter->bug fixer->developer.  It is pretty common for each group to
be 2 orders of magnitude smaller then the previous group.