[Sugar-devel] sugar mini pc => was Re: administrator / user questions

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Wed Mar 11 09:18:41 EDT 2009

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 13:59, Marten Vijn <info at martenvijn.nl> wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-03-11 at 13:50 +0100, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
>> Hi Marten, nice to hear from you again.
>

>> I see you sell a Sugar Mini Pc product, where can we know more about
>> it? Is it intended for schools?
>>
> It is an Alix from pc enignes http://pceniges.ch
>
> It tested this one: http://www.pcengines.ch/alix1d.htm
>
> but this one will be tested soon also
> http://www.pcengines.ch/alix3d3.htm
>

> not really something special but it just works. I used the
> install-incript to write a 2Gb cf-card (san-disk) with usb-cf adapter.

Sounds good, I guess that if you use a fast cf card and have some swap
there you will get much better performance than on the XO. Also, if
the resolution is smaller than 1200x900, you may have enough graphics
power to run flash. Would be interesting to actually try it and know
how well it works.

Regards,

Tomeu