[Sugar-devel] administrator / user questions

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Wed Mar 11 08:50:56 EDT 2009

Hi Marten, nice to hear from you again.

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 12:23, Marten Vijn <info at martenvijn.nl> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> May these question on the wrong list: but looking at
> http://lists.sugarlabs.org/listinfo/ this could be the place.
>
> (intro about me below)
>
> My questions:
> - could/will be there be a way to change the FLUKS password in the GUI?

I guess we could do something about that though I haven't heard any
plans regarding it.

> - for mass deployments (or shop) setting a onetime FLUKS passwd would be
> handy, espacially if such could be done from the script.

I think the livecd-iso-to-disk.sh script can be easily modified to do
so. The cryptsetup command can accept a password from stdin so it
could be fed from inside the script.

> - should I post/discuss feature requests here or post them as bugs?

Filing tickets is always good, but you can give here as well a head
ups here if the subject requires some discussion.

> Background:
>
> My name is Marten, I am a user of Sugar on a Stick and selling
> sticks/cf-image for (non tech-)common people. Parts of my income
> (time/money is spend on FLOSS project. My focus is on creating
> infrastructure for kids on school based on FLOSS. My background is a
> unix sysadmin, but I am not a developer in c++ or python.

This looks very interesting, please keep us posted about your
sugar-related activities.

> My current project goal is 30 kids on a mediawiki using soas in may-june
> 2009.

Cool, will this wiki be accessible from here?

> read more on http://martenvijn.nl

I see you sell a Sugar Mini Pc product, where can we know more about
it? Is it intended for schools?

Thanks,

Tomeu