[Sugar-devel] Downloads page

Wade Brainerd wadetb at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 13:08:58 EDT 2009

Hey all,
New downloads page (http://sugarlabs.org/go/DocumentationTeam/Try_Sugar) looks
great.  I love the simplicity compared with the old Try Sugar page.

A couple of comments:

* Both Windows and Mac users should be encouraged to try VirtualBox.
 Windows users may actually have better luck with VirtualBox than Sugar on a
Stick depending on their machine.

* Windows, Mac and Linux users should all be encouraged to try SoaS.
 Alternately, it could be a separate heading from the operating system
choices?

* The VirtualBox link actually takes you to a page about a customized
*VMware* image of OLPC's 767 build.  Should it link to
http://sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick_VirtualBox?

* Actually liked the old 'Get Sugar' link on the sidebar better than the new
'Download Sugar' link.  I expect this to eventually point people at
purchasable SoaS USB sticks, so Download will be a less accurate term.  Does
anyone else feel this way?

Best,
Wade