[Sugar-devel] [SoaS-2] Feature Complete? Another Snapshot.

Sebastian Dziallas sebastian at when.com
Fri Mar 6 14:33:22 EST 2009

Hi folks,

there's another snapshot of soas-2 ready for testing! There will be
another snapshot on this Sunday to have an up2date image for bug
triaging sessions. It's really important for us to get as much feedback
as possible in this state of soas-2, since we'd like to get a release
rolled out soonish and should have all blockers fixed beforehand, right?

http://download.sugarlabs.org/soas/snapshots/2/Soas2-200903061846.iso

Now what's new here?

* Nearly every Sugar-related package has been updated! Thanks to all the
maintainers for making this possible... :)

* You can now enjoy builds of Read and EToys - cool, heh?

* The image has been slimmed down again, we had a lot of redundant KDE
stuff in there. For now just 270 MB!

* Anaconda has been included - you might want to check Kushal's
instructions for installing SoaS here: [1]

* As already mentioned, from now on, all images will contain the SoaS
version number to avoid confusion.

Please be aware of the fact that this is still based on pre-beta
software - namely Fedora 11 - which has an upcoming beta freeze
scheduled for March 10.

Finally, if you've another activity, package or feature to suggest,
please do so immediately here [3]!

Thanks again and happy testing!
    --Your SoaS Team

[1] http://kushaldas.in/2009/03/06/how-to-install-soas-on-your-regular-box/