[Sugar-devel] Sugar in China?

s.boutayeb at free.fr s.boutayeb at free.fr
Tue Jun 30 17:29:01 EDT 2009

Salut Bastien,

Selon Bastien <bastienguerry at googlemail.com>:

> Are there any Sugar people in China, Beijin?
>
> I'm going there (PKU) in July for the entire month.
>
> There are good chances that I will make a short talk about
> FOSS & Education in front of the Beijing Linux User Group
> (which is around 1000 members...)

The BLUG is very dynamic. They are aware of the XO and some of its members have
a XO too.
They have worked with another netbook, the Yeeloong
(http://www.lemote.com/english/yeeloong.html ) from Lemote Tech, a cousin from
the Gdium (Frédéric Muller is Gdiums representant in Beijing). You can
install/run Sugar on the Yeeloong,
- either via apt-get
- or via sugar-jhbuild
In April, the manufacturer Lemote signed an agreement in order to deploy their
hardware (netbook and mini-box) running Loonux, a local debian based GNU/Linux
distribution) in schools (see
http://www.lemote.com/Html/inner/2009-4/29/145308819.html ).

Salut

Samy