[Sugar-devel] Karma: quadrilaterals + Surf it works!

Andrés Ambrois andresambrois at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 16:53:10 EDT 2009

On Tuesday 30 June 2009 03:17:00 pm Felipe López Toledo wrote:
> hi guys
>
> I'm a little upset because during last week I was trying to optimize the
> Quadrilaterals activity:
> http://karma.sugarlabs.org/quadrilaterals/
>
> Lucian recommend me (last week...or before) to try it using Surf,
> I was trying to compile it from source... mmm, no progress
> today Lucian gave me some links:
> the xo bundle: http://dev.laptop.org/~bobbyp/surf/
> also read: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Browse/WebKit
>
> thanks Lucian
>
> well, if you have a chance please test it,
> it works really good (performance) there is some work to do (stuff related
> to css and scale), but it works a lot better than with firefox
>
> :)

Tried Quadrilaterals with Surf-106 on Jhbuild on Ubuntu Jaunty.

I see the same I see on a non html5 enabled browser.  The log ends with this
line:

console message: http://karma.sugarlabs.org/quadrilaterals/js/activity.js @49:
Value undefined does not allow function calls.

libwebkit on Jaunty is v1.0.1

On FFX 3.5preb4 it works great! One little comment: it doesnt recognize
concave quadrilaterals properly.
--
  -Andrés