[Sugar-devel] Enhancing Activity updator

Aayush aayush at olenepal.org
Mon Jun 29 11:35:48 EDT 2009

Due to large size of EPaath activity we r having trouble updating it, it
takes almost 15-20 min to update it using current updating technique
what we want to implement is , only download the changed portion of the
activity comparing the crc32 value

and we are able to do that and significantly reduce the updating time (
3 min ) when we simulate updating outside sugar

we r having trouble integrating that method into current sugar activity
update mechanism

we want any of u to guide us where should we change in current
(Controlpanel -> Model -> updator.py) and place our code to implement
our ides

i think
def download_selected_updates(self, progress_cb=(lambda n, row: None),
dir=None): in (Controlpanel -> Model -> updator.py)
is where i should satrt doing my thing ...

where could i find documentation about current sugar activity update process