[Sugar-devel] Sugar and ebooks

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 16:23:35 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 10:24 PM, Bastien<bastienguerry at googlemail.com> wrote:
> There is discussion on the TeleRead blog about Sugar activities for
> reading ebooks: http://tinyurl.com/kqmmko
>
> See my comments on the blog.

..and I just pre-released a FBReader Activity for SOAS and other
Fedora 11 based builds (it may also work in other distro based builds
- I haven't tested, but it won't work in anything else than x86
(32-bit) for sure ;-).

http://dev.laptop.org/~sayamindu/experimental/FBReader-10.xo

This has got very little testing from me (note the experimental tag),
and though in theory it should be able to share books - I have not
tested it out (the sharing works fine with the OLPC 8.2 OS release).
Also note that in certain cases, if you are not able to open epub
files downloaded via Browse, please try with files on a USB stick
(which you have copied on a non-sugar machine).
A couple of nice places to get Epub books: http://www.feedbooks.com/
and http://www.epubbooks.com/
Please test this as much as possible, and if it is found to be good
enough, I'll make a proper release.

Thanks,
Sayamindu

--