[Sugar-devel] Unsubscribing from IAEP (Was: picked up by [some media])

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Thu Jun 25 11:21:31 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 03:51:28PM +0200, Sean DALY wrote:
>Actually the PR team, the marketing team and the publicist team today
>are: the marketing team

Whatever.  Please concider re-reading my mail, replacing "PR" with
"marketing", and reflect on _that_ instead of my confusing those terms.

>I'm subscribed to all the lists to be aware of what is going on but of
>course the IAEP list is best for information of general interest to
>contributors.

The -devel list was _not_ my main concern.

I will now, sadly, unsubscribe from IAEP - not because only geek stuff
interests me (which is not true!), but because I feel that the list is
getting too noisy for my taste.

Back when I subscribed, I enjoyed its high quality educational focus of
Since then, as Sugarlabs evolved, the list became more and more
"cluttered" with organizational stuff that IMO were more appropriate to
discuss at a seapare organizational list. I now realize that this _is_
the organizational list and there are no separate place for educational
discussions. It is a feature, not a bug, that this list gets more
"noisy" as the project grows.  Makes sense, but does not it my capacity
(I am already involved too deeply in other projects - cannot keep up
with project-wide details of more).

I will continue to package Sugar for Debian, and I might stay subscribed
to sugar-devel (depending on the amount of "noise" on that list).

I write this in the hope that reflecting on my decision is of some use
to you (I worry that some educational interested people just silently
unsubscribe, now and in the future).  I will happily subscribe again
later, if situation changes - feel free to notify me if that happens (as
I will now no longer keep track).

You are most welcome to cc me any posts that you suspect might be of
direct interest to me - and perhaps you even want my opinion on.

Good luck with the ever more succesful Sugarlabs project!

   - Jonas

- --