[Sugar-devel] [Design help] for Webified

Lucian Branescu lucian.branescu at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 23:25:57 EDT 2009

I have this project http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Webified, more info
at http://honeyweb.sugarlabs.org

Right now, I have added the following functionality to my branch of Browse:
 - new button for creating an SSB
 - new toolbar for bookmarklet buttons http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bookmarklet
 - context menu option for adding bookmarklets

SSBs would allow users to create customised versions of Browse, for
specific web sites. Users could create the GMail activity with just a
click and they could customise it with a few more.

Bookmarklets are part of the customisation of SSBs. For example, the
GMail activity could have bookmarklets like 'compose' or 'enable
offline' or 'save drafts to journal' (the latter isn't possible yet).
Since bookmarklets are useful in other case as well
(http://www.squarefree.com/bookmarklets/), I have decided to give this
functionality to Browse as well.

I would like to know your opinion, especially if you deal with design.
Here are some screenshots of what I have now:
http://files.getdropbox.com/u/317039/bookmarklet%20button.png
http://files.getdropbox.com/u/317039/create%20ssb.png
http://files.getdropbox.com/u/317039/save%20bookmarklet.png