[Sugar-devel] Not able to make xo package of ListenSpellActivity

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Mon Jun 22 05:40:23 EDT 2009

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 11:35, chirag jain<chiragjain1989 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Tomeu,
>
> Thanks for your help. For now atleast the activity runs from the icon.
>
> This activity uses SQLite db for words. When I start the activity by
> clicking the icon, it starts but after few seconds it again exits. The
> log says:
>
> OperationalError: SQL logic error or missing database.
>
> I googled this error and found that this error is due to improper
> connection of the activity with the db.
> When I run the activity from the terminal after going to
> /home/olpc/Activities/ListenSpell.activity
> then it runs perfectly ok.
>
> If you have any idea about this then please inform me.

Yes, this is similar to the earlier errors, is caused by the security
restrictions on which activities normally run (but not when run form
the command line).

Make sure you use the directories as explained in:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Low-level_Activity_API#File_Access

And make sure to attach always the full logs instead of just pasting part of it.

Regards,

Tomeu