[Sugar-devel] testing composition for speeding up graphics performance

Chris Marshall jns-cmarshall at comcast.net
Sun Jun 21 11:50:56 EDT 2009

os767
sugar 0.82.1
booting from SD on an XO-1

The composite extension works well.  Tabbing between
Activities is much zippier.  Switching zoom level views
seems faster too, although the Home view takes a while
to draw the circle of Activity icons.  The XO in the
center appears first, then a moment later, the circle blinks
in at once---visually pleasing but maybe not much
faster.  I do see artifacts at the edge of the frame but
not that prevent use.  I've added it to my .xsession.

-chm