[Sugar-devel] Not able to make xo package of ListenSpellActivity

chirag jain chiragjain1989 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 02:48:28 EDT 2009

Hi everyone!

I am currently developing the ListenSpell Activity. The main points of
development are:

1. Integration of gst-plugin-espeak with the activity --------- successfull

2. Making the activity a fun game. I have converted the activity into
a game in which the user has to spell words of difficulty according to
his skill level in a given amount of time. The activity keeps track of
previous best scores. ------------ successfull

3. The activity can speak in different voices as supported by
espeak------- successfull

4. The user can practice as many words as he wants.

5. Now the point comes when I have to make its XO package. I have
tried and followed each and every step given in the url:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activity_tutorial

I created a MANIFEST file using the script:

find . -type f | sed 's,^./,,g' > MANIFEST

Now when I tried to make a XO package, using the script:

./setup.py dist_xo

This gives me a xo package of size 0 bytes in the dist folder. Also
this logs some errors where the last error it displays is "ASSERTION
error". I am not able to figure it out.

Please note that I am trying to make this xo package on my XO laptop
which I have flashed with gg-767-4.img.

I request you to download the updated code from:

http://listen-spell.googlecode.com/files/ListenSpell.activity.zip

If something is lacking in my code then please do tell me.

Thanks & Regards

--
Chirag Jain

Undergraduate Student