[Sugar-devel] [SoaS] Important: Please test the new Snapshot!

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Sat Jun 20 10:54:03 EDT 2009

On 20.06.2009, at 03:24, Sebastian Dziallas wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm happy to announce eventually the availability of a new SoaS
> snapshot, which is one of the last snapshots on our way to the v1
> "Strawberry" release. I think it should be really mentioned that this
> wouldn't have been possible without Simon, who did great work on
> fixing
> sample content and activity installation issues. And this brings me to
> the changes this snapshot introduces.
>
> * You'll get sample content (#840) - Gary worked this out.
> - Please report if you encounter a "journal full" message or not!
>
> * The shiny new boot screen has now been introduced (#709).

Didn't see anything that looked Sugarized.

I tried on a Mac mini using the helper CD.

It first shows a short bluish splash while counting down seconds that
looks nothing like Sugar. Then it boots the kernel and unpacks the
initrd, using white text on a black background. Then a blue fedora
screen appears with a progress bar on its bottom. This does not look
Sugarish either. After that bar reached the end, back to the black
screen with an underscore character (might be a cursor) in the upper
left corner. Then the machine freezes so I could not test further.

> http://download.sugarlabs.org/soas/snapshots/2/Soas2-200906191638.iso

- Bert -